We have taken our rules and tweaked them making them easier to understand and less strict to the member. This is the official journal where you may be linked to if a rule is broken, etc so please take the time to read it, it's not that long Be Respectful and Kind
- This is straight forward but our main rule of the group. We want people to feel welcome so please no hate, anger, or any sort of harassment. Let's be nice to our fellow Anime Artists/lovers No Advertising via comments, do so by paying 25 and noting us what you want advertised
- comments on our front page advertising anything will be hidden. Repeat offenders will be banned. We are trying to raise points for prizes/events/super group so we'd like everyone to follow this.No copied/traced artwork or heavily referenced work
- pretty straight forward, if you're looking at an artwork and copying it exactly, or tracing it we don't allow it here. If you are using stock backgrounds/references make sure you Credit the artist in your comments, and that you are following their rules of use of their stock.No work against DA Rules
- We are a Deviant Art group, we respect/adhere to their rules first. Make sure you keep up to date and read them in order to prevent your work from being deletedpoorly displayed/scanned work/WIP not accepted
- If your work isn't cropped nicely, it looks unfinished, it's hard to see, there's binder rings, etc we don't accept it here. You get one submission a month, so make it count and show us your best.
You can still have beginner skill and nice presentation. Old headshot rule tweaked
- Before we didn't allow headshots because really...it felt more like WIP's. So basically with the tweak of presentation to include no WIP's, if your piece looks unfinished we'd rather a finished looking piece. There's a sketches folder that if you're unsure you can always submit it there and it'll get accepted. Headshots are allowed as long as they look finished. (cropped properly, presentation clean, etc).Work done by you, and you only unless it's an agreed collab
- If you planned a collab with a friend, by all means we accept it. If you took some random lineart on DA even with permission we don't. We don't accept Meme's because a) they are 90% always created by someone else and b) they aren't always the best presentation to be showing. No matter the skill level, we accept you but clean presentation is important for any artist
- Bases...again same as the line-art, even with permission we'd rather let you have that in your own gallery. If you created the base yourself (and didn't trace/copy someone else's artwork for the pose) and added to your base then I don't see an issue with that.
- Majority of the work we want done by you, or agreed upon between you and the other artist you are collabing with. (planned). Art trades are always accepted as long as it's your portion of the art trade you are posting. (no posting other's work to your gallery and submitting it here even if you commissioned it. We want YOUR work not another artists
)Submissions breaking the rules will get declined
- If you want to know why, ask in the comments of the declined deviation or note us with a link to the piece and what folder you tried to submit it too. With the tweaking of the rules, really it'll only be wrong folder work we see and decline, or poorly presented work/traced work/not your own work. If it's none of these and declined, note us.
-Mod's will not tell you the reason why unless you asked, it clog's up our message centre so please ask us in a note or on the declined message itself.Folders split, Black and white work goes into Traditional/digital folder
We have split the sketches/black and white folder to Sketches folder only. Black and white can go into the main gallery folders provided it has black and white shading or it's a tonal piece...no line-art. Line-art goes into sketches.
Sketches will contain sketches, line-art,and any work thats more practice/quickly done (so few colours, messy lines, not a full piece, etc). If you really want to submit WIP's do so to this folder, we figure you'd want your best but we do get a lot of the odd people submitting WIP's. If it's to a main folder, it will be declined. if it's to the sketches, it'll probably get through. Again use your judgement and what you want 20k people to see.
And that's it Some explanation on the Admins here
Main Mods are your main people voting/pushing submissions through and working through people who are following/breaking rules. Co-founder/founder run contests, make journals, events, deal with major rule breakers, communicate with members on questions mods can't answer, etc. Temp. mods are people who have gone on a bit of hiatus and may/may not be available for help.
Admins work really hard to help you out, so please do the same